Anterior cruciate ligament ruptures are the most common ligament injury to the knee with surgical reconstruction considered standard treatment. ACL injuries often happen during sports and fitness activities that can put stress on the knee. Suddenly slowing down and changing direction or Pivoting with your foot firmly planted may cause a rupture. Landing awkwardly from a jump can also cause an ACL rupture, surgery is required in most cases.
- Some of the things to consider post- surgical!
- Evaluation from a Physical Therapist
- Cryotherapy or Thermotherapy
- Passive Range of Motion Therapeutic exercises
- Brace or splintingManual TherapyEducation in home modifications